Saturday, December 8, 2012

didn't drop off face of earth

No, I didn't drop off the face of the earth--- Hubby and I had to lay our motorcycle down to avoid hitting a big F-150 pickup broadside.  Truck turned in front of us and stopped dead crossways in our lane.  Hubby is still in hospital and I have to find out Monday when I will be back in hospital for surgery on my nonexistent ankle.  I broke it in all 3 places it could be broken-- I can honestly say I have seen an ankle do things it shouldn't.  It was wobbling around like a wet noodle.  I was the lucky one-- I bailed so the bike didn't land on me, but ended up with bruised ribs, a grapefruit sized elbow and a crushed ankle.  My poor hubby, who is disabled due to reduced lung capacity, COPD, asthma, etc, is in rough shape.  He bruised his bad lungs, heart, broke 6 ribs, compound fracture of one leg and broken toe on other leg.  He is in the hospital and will be for some time.  they operated on the leg and have him in a full leg brace- ankle to thigh. Due to the lung problems, they are having to keep him on oxygen constantly.  If I am a bit scarce for the next few weeks, I hope you all understand....

No comments:

Post a Comment